Turnbull Mfg. Co has designed a Model 1911 Pistol that offers something to both 1911 fans and members of the Single Action Shooting Society™ (SASS). The pistol will be newly manufactured and based on the 1918 production model of the 1911 pistol. As the premier restorer of historic 1911 pistols, Turnbull is able to turn out an accurate and reliable reproduction of this beloved pistol.
“I have always loved the 1911 pistol and as a SASS member, the best known single action firearm design is a natural fit,” noted company founder, president and SASS Member Turnin’ Bull. “We have added the personalization features that are important to Single Action Shooters.”
Each of the pistols will have “Wild Bunch” engraved on the right side of the slide, with the SASS member’s Official Alias on the left. In addition, the membership number will be used as the serial number.
The pistols may be ordered by SASS members via the Turnbull web site at www.turnbullmfg.com with delivery via an FFL in the purchaser’s locale. Non-members should first visit the SASS web site at www.sassnet.com for information about membership.
Some features of the “Wild Bunch” Model 1911 by Turnbull Mfg. Co. include:
– Forged frame with appropriate shape and style
– A1 style rear sight, standard front sight
– Safety lock is an early style, with a knurled undercut thumb-piece
– Short, wide spur hammer with standard checkering
– Early style slide stop
– Two tone magazine
– Hand checkered, double diamond wood grips
– Pistol is hand-polished in the same manner as an original early mid-teens vintage pistol
– Period-correct Carbonia Charcoal Bluing on all parts
– Circled Turning Bull trademark on left of slide behind serrations
– Inspector’s mark from Doug Turnbull (TMC Owner/Founder)
– “Wild Bunch” Engraved on Right Side
– SASS Alias Engraved on Left Side
– SASS Member # used for Serial Number
– MSRP $1,950.00 with a Special Introductory price of $1,750.00
Please visit us at www.turnbullmfg.com for more information.
Turnbull Mfg. Co has designed a Model 1911 Pistol that offers something to both 1911…
by Personal Defense World / Jan 7, 2013