The numbers on the large checks held aloft by GLOCK executives and smiling recipients throughout this past year told a compelling story about GLOCK giving back to the communities it serves. Ranging from $50,000 to $400,000, the checks, totaling $715,000, were presented to deserving organizations in ceremonies at several key events in 2012.
The $715,000 presented at these events is but a portion of the estimated total of $2.5 million donated by GLOCK in 2012 to local and national charities and organizations. The “Giving Back” philosophy runs deep at GLOCK, and communities throughout the nation have benefited from GLOCK’s donations, sponsorships and scholarships.
These leading events this past year saw major contributions from GLOCK:
• $400,000 to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund (NLEOMF), in support of the development of the National Law Enforcement Museum. Last year, GLOCK committed to giving the NLEOMF a total of $2 million over five years. This is GLOCK’s second installment of that plan. For more information, visit nleomf.com and lawmemorial.org.
• $115,000 to the National Rifle Association (NRA), with the funds intended for the NRA itself, the Whittington Center, the Whittington Center’s Adventure Camp, and the NRA Law Enforcement Division. For more information, visit nra.org.
• $100,000 to the Special Operations Warrior Fund (SOWF). The money will be used to directly support the families of fallen and wounded Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine special operations personnel. For more information, visit specialops.org.
• $50,000 to the Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.). This organization provides resources to help families of police officers killed in the line of duty rebuild their shattered lives. GLOCK has contributed $300,000 to the group over the past six years. For more information, visit nationalcops.org.
• $50,000 to the Young Marines, a youth education and service program for boys and girls, from those eight years old to those finishing high school. For more information, visit youngmarines.com.
In presenting the checks to the recipient organizations, GLOCK executives praised the worthy activities of each group and stressed that GLOCK’s commitment to “Giving Back” will always be a high priority for the company.