The “Nexus” IWB holster from Milt Sparks has several new features as well as some old ones, tried and true. The most unique feature of the new model is the self closing, neodymiummagnetic loop (Patent Pending) that has the same holding attributes as the traditional one-way snap. It’s easier to align and fasten to a belt. The steel cup portion of the closure shields the belt from putting direct pressure on the loop closure that might cause accidental separation, as is this case sometimes with regular snaps. The Nexus is currently available for 1911 and Glock models. Holsters will be available for Sigs, M&P’s and XD’s soon.
Other features include:
* Cowhide/horsehide construction, with the horse being on the body side of the holster where it works best to help repel body moisture.
* Offset front and back construction which depending on the model of gun, puts 70% to 90% of the guns molded features on the side facing out, leaving the back of the holster flatter for greater user comfort.
* Single layer horsehide, winged mounting loop attachments, separated from the main holster body that allow the holster to easily flex and form to accommodate different body sizes/shapes.
* Approximate 25° cant on 1911. Compared to the 18° cant of the model VM-2 for 1911.
* Rides as low as possible in the waistband while still allowing for a full-firing grip on initial hand contact. (Our lowest riding IWB holster for 1911’s.)
* Available in either all rough-side-out (RSO), natural finish, or smooth-side-out (SSO), black. Loop colors available in black or tan.
See more at miltsparks.com.
The “Nexus” IWB holster from Milt Sparks has several new features as well as some…
by Personal Defense World / Sep 4, 2013