The LCR has a polymer fire control housing, an aircraft quality aluminum monolithic frame, and an extensively fluted stainless steel cylinder.
In addition to the newly introduced external hammer LCRx, the Ruger LCR is available in .38 Special +P, .357 Magnum, .22 Magnum and .22 Long Rifle double-action-only model
* External hammer for single-action shooting.
* The LCRx also can be fired in double-action mode.
* Monolithic frame is made from aerospace-grade, 7000 series aluminum.
* Patented Ruger friction reducing cam is a next generation design in fire control systems that results in a smooth, non-stacking trigger pull.
* Patent-pending polymer fire control housing holds all the fire control components in their proper dimensional relationships, reduces weight significantly and helps reduce recoil.
See more at: http://www.ruger.com/.