The press release says that the Stevens 555 uses a lightweight, scaled-to-gauge aluminum receiver which incorporates a steel insert to reinforce the breech. This helps keep overall weight to a minimum while simultaneously maximizing strength and rigidity. In addition, the Stevens 555 features a Turkish walnut stock and forend, as well as shell extractors, a manual tang safety, chrome-lined barrels, and a single, selective mechanical trigger. It also has five interchangeable choke tubes which can meet any shooting need.
The Stevens 555 is offered in both 12-gauge and 20-gauge variants. The former boasts a 28-inch barrel, a 14 3/8-inch length of pull, an overall length of 44 7/8 inches, and a 2 1/8-inch drop at comb. The latter has a 26-inch barrel, a a 14 3/8-inch length of pull, an overall length of 42 7/8 inches, and a 2 1/4-inch drop at the comb.
Both the 12-gauge and 20-gauge models of the Stevens 555 over-and-under are available at a manufacturer suggested retail price of $692.00. See below for a breakdown of the features.
Features & Benefits
* Lightweight aluminum receiver scaled to gauge
* Single selective mechanical trigger
* Turkish walnut stock and forend
* Chrome-lined barrels
* Tang-mounted safety
* 12-gauge specifications: 28-inch barrels, 14 3/8-inch length of pull, 44 7/8-inch overall length, 2 1/8-inch drop at comb, 6 pounds
* 20-gauge specifications: 26-inch barrels, 14 3/8-inch length of pull, 42 7/8-inch overall length, 2 1/4-inch drop at comb, 5 1/2 pounds
For more information about the Stevens 555 over-and-under, and the full range of products currently offered by Savage Arms, please visit http://www.savagearms.com