Wilson Combat is now carrying the M&P Shield Carry Kit from California-based manufacturer Apex Tactical Specialties. This is a do-it-yourself drop-in trigger enhancement kit making it easier for the home gunsmith to modify their pistol without having to expensively ship their firearm.
This kit includes the Apex Fully Machined Sear, the Ultimate Striker Block Kit and the Shield Spring Kit. The sear reduces the trigger’s pull weight, overtravel and reset, while the block kit smoothes trigger uptake and reduces the double click reset. The spring kit — which includes trigger return spring, shield slave pin and sear spring — gives the user the “ability to fine-tune their trigger pull by utilizing any combination of springs,” according to Apex Tactical.
The M&P Shield Carry Kit is available from Wilson Combat for $92.95. See below for additional details.
* Apex Fully Machined Sear
* Ultimate Striker Block Kit (Striker Block, Spring & Talon Tactical Rear Sight Tool)
* Shield Spring Kit (Trigger Return Spring, Shield Slave Pin & Sear spring)
What They Do
* Fully Machined Sear: Reduces trigger pull weight, over travel and reset.
* Ultimate Striker Block Kit: Smoothes trigger uptake and reduces the double click reset.
Duty/Carry Spring Kit
* Trigger return spring: Sets the trigger pull weight into the 5 lb range and increases uptake pressure.
* Shield Slave Pin: Used to hold tension on the trigger return spring during installation.
* Sear Spring: Aids in returning the Sear to its ready to fire position and maintains trigger pull weight.
* Trigger Pull in the mid 5lb range
* Smooth Uptake and reset
* Reduced over travel
* Reduced reset
For more information about Apex Tactical’s M&P Shield Carry Kit, and the full range of products currently offered by Wilson Combat, please visit http://shopwilsoncombat.com
State Rep. Matt Gabler (R-Clearfield & Elk) is set to host a concealed carry permit...
by Andrew Berry / Sep 3, 2014