The latest version of the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle includes a hybrid chamber that shoots both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. This rifle has an approximate weight of 7.1 pounds and features a 16.1″, 1/2-28 threaded barrel with a 1:8 twist rate. It also ships with a 10-round detachable box magazine. The manufacturer suggested retail price is $1039.00. See below for additional details.
* Stock: Black Laminate
* Capacity: 10
* Material: Alloy Steel
* Finish: Matte Black
* Front Sight: Post
* Rear Sight: Adjustable
* Barrel Length: 16.10″
* Overall Length: 37.00″ – 38.50″
* Weight: 7.10 lbs.
* Length of Pull: 12.75″ – 14.25″
* Twist: 1:8″ RH
* Grooves: 6
* Option: Right-Handed
* Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
* Suggested Retail: $1039.00
* Flash suppressor reduces muzzle flash and can be removed from the threaded barrel for the fitting of most standard muzzle accessories.
* Forward mounted picatinny rail allows for the mounting of modern optics, like an intermediate eye relief scope (not included), for “both eyes open” sighting and super-fast target acquisition.
* 10-Round, detachable box magazine with push forward, Mini-14 style, magazine release just forward of the trigger guard. (Additional magazine available at ShopRuger.com)
* Soft rubber recoil pad with buttpad spacers allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear (three 1/2” spacers included).
* Accurate sighting system with ghost ring adjustable rear aperture sight and a protected, non-glare post front sight.
* Patented integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel receiver provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (scope rings included).
* Non-Rotating, mauser-type controlled round feed extractor is the most positive case extraction system ever invented, and features a fixed blade-type ejector that positively ejects the empty cases as the bolt is moved fully rearward.
* Developed with Gunsite, this rifle is “Gunsite Approved” and features logo engraved on the grip cap and name roll marked on the receiver.
* Also includes a rugged, one-piece, stainless steel bolt; three-position safety; studs for mounting sling swivels; medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel; glass reinforced nylon trigger guard and magazine well. Stainless steel models include a muzzle thread protector.
For more information about Ruger’s Gunsite Scout Rifle, please visit http://www.ruger.com
The SureFire P1R Peacekeeper boasts a dual-output LED focused by a precision reflector to produce...
by Andrew Berry / Sep 9, 2014