“Following on the success and popularity of our Forward Set Trigger, we looked to further increase the performance of the M&P’s fire control system with a trigger profile closer to what 1911 shooters experience. The new Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger delivers a feel and performance of a factory 1911 type trigger at an approximate weight of 4.0 to 5.0 lbs,” said Randy Lee, president at Apex Tactical Specialties.
As the press release notes, the Flat-Faced Forward Set Sear & Trigger Kit is designed to work in any Smith & Wesson M&P model pistol in a centerfire caliber. It reduces trigger pre-travel and over-travel, while enabling the shooter to position their finger at an increase leverage point lower on the trigger face to take advantage of lower trigger pull weights.
The kit comes with the Apex Forward Set Sear, which shortens the trigger stroke by dropping the striker at a point farther forward than the factory sear. Also included is the Ultimate Striker Block, which produces a smoother trigger pull and eliminates most false reset issues through an improved radius on the striker block face. The Forward Set Spring Kit produces a trigger pull of four to five pounds (depending on trigger return spring installed).
Features and Specifications
* Lowers trigger weight between 4.0 and 5.0 lbs
* Smooth uptake and reset
* Total trigger travel similar to most factory 1911 type pistols
* Center mounted pivoting safety maintains factory safety values
* Works with all Smith & Wesson M&P pistols in centerfire calibers (excluding the Shield)
* Easy to install (watch Apex installation videos)
* Requires use of sear housing block designed for large size sear plunger and spring (current production as of June 2011)
* Apex Part #: 100-054
* MSRP: $169.95