According to “United States Active Shooter Events from 2000 to 2010: Training and Equipment Implications” by J. Pete Blair and M. Hunter Martaindale from Texas State University:
- The most commonly used weapon (60 percent) by active shooters was a pistol.
- Attackers carried multiple weapons in 41 percent of the attacks.
- The active-shooter attacks ended before the police arrived 49 percent of the time.
- In 56 percent of the attacks that were still ongoing when police arrived, the police had to use force to stop the killing.
- The median number of victims killed is two. The median number of victims shot by the suspect is four.
Apex Tactical Specialties have announced the release of Apex Grade 9mm Semi Drop-In and Gunsmith...
by Personal Defense World / Dec 3, 2015