- Nearly one in five (18.3 percent) women and one in 71 men (1.4 percent) reported experiencing rape at some time in their lives.
- Approximately one in 20 women and men (5.6 percent and 5.3 percent, respectively) experienced sexual violence other than rape, such as being made to penetrate someone else, sexual coercion, unwanted sexual contact, or non-contact unwanted sexual experiences, in the 12 months prior to the survey.
- 4.8 percent of men reported they were made to penetrate someone else at some time in their lives.
- 13 percent of women and 6 percent of men reported they experienced sexual coercion at some time in their lives
- In a nationally representative survey of adults, 37.4 percent of female rape victims were first raped between the ages of 18 and 24.
- In a study of undergraduate women, 19 percent experienced, attempted or completed sexual assault since entering college.
Children & Youth
- 42.2 percent of female rape victims were first raped before age 18.
- 29.9 percent of female rape victims were first raped between the ages of 11 and 17.
- 12.3 percent of female rape victims and 27.8 percent of male rape victims were first raped when they were age 10 or younger.
Source: Centers For Disease Control & Prevention, 2012
The Skinner HTF Garment Bag is a secure hiding place for firearms and accessories that...
by Personal Defense World / Dec 8, 2015