Just in time for the holiday season, Texas-based sights and accessories manufacturer TRUGLO announced that their TFX ((Tritium + Fiber-Optic Xtreme) and TFX PRO handgun sights are now available for the recently-released Ruger American Pistol in both 9mm and .45 ACP.
- RELATED STORY: Guiding Lights – 9 Versatile, High-Powered Flashlights
TRUGLO’s TFX sights use the company’s tritium + fiber-optic xtreme technology, providing the end user with a 3-dot aiming system that’ll help you get the job done in daylight, low light and total darkness. According to the press release, this technology also boasts a sealed capsule design, press-fit retention rings and a “Fortress Finish,” meaning these tough sights are resistant to potentially damaging chemicals and solvents.
TFX PRO features the same technology, but with the addition of a U-notch rear sight for increased speed and accuracy, a bright orange FOCUS•LOCK ring on the front sight, and a forward-angled rear sight profile to assist in emergency one-hand slide operation.
- RELATED STORY: Using Fiber-Optic Front Sights On Your Everyday Carry Pistol
This Ruger American Pistol announcement brings the total number of handguns which can be customized with TRUGLO TFX or TFX Pro day/ night sights to over 100. MSRP is $172. See below for additional information.
- Unmatched visibility in all shooting conditions 24/7
- Assembled in USA with quality Swiss Tritium for maximum brightness
- Glows-in-the-dark — no batteries or light exposure required
- Front sight FOCUS•LOCK for fast and accurate shooting
- Concealed fiber cannot be seen by target
- FORTRESS FINISH™ provides a permanent protective coating for maximum protection
- Fits standard holsters
- Evaluated and recommended by National Tactical Officers’ Association (NTOA) field testers
- MSRP: $172
For more information, visit www.truglo.com
For encountering uninvited things that go bump in the night, the double-barrel Pedersoli Howdah...
by Dennis Adler / Dec 7, 2016