Ruger has announced it is now offering an additional state compliant version of its AR-556 rifle. This new variant, available for sale in Colorado and Maryland, features a heavy contour cold hammer-forged barrel and comes with a 10-round metal magazine.
- RELATED STORY: 8 AR-15 Rifles Available For Under $1,000
Chambered in 5.56 Nato/223 Rem, the Ruger AR-556 boasts 16.10″ barrel with a 1:8 twist; six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube; adjustable post front sight and Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight; and an ergonomic pistol grip that features an extended trigger reach for enhanced trigger control. The AR-556 also features a 7075-T6 aluminum forged flattop upper receiver that includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized.
Weighing in at 6.7 lbs and with an overall length of 32.25″ to 35.50″, the Ruger AR-556 is available at a suggested retail price of $799. See below for a rundown of specs.
- Stock: Black Synthetic, Collapsible
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger Rapid Deploy
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Handguard: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Capacity: 10
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 6.7 lb.
- Overall Length: 32.25″ – 35.50″
- Length of Pull: 10.25″ – 13.50″
- Grooves: 6
- Suggested Retail: $799.00
For more information about Ruger and their full range of firearms, please visit http://www.ruger.com.
Six everyday women conquer a series of intensive training and competitive scenarios in Springfield's...
by Personal Defense World / Mar 21, 2017