The Winchester Super X4 is built to be “lighter, faster cycling, smoother swinging and more ergonomic” than the Super X, Super X2 and Super X3, the company said in a statement. It features a larger bolt handle; oversized bolt release button and a slimmer and more ergonomic pistol grip for right and left-hand shooters. It’s also lighter in overall weight than the other Super X shotguns, meaning it’s quicker to swing and easier to carry.
- RELATED STORY: Home Defense Shotgun – 13 Proven 12-Gauge Scatterguns
There are four different variants of the 12-gauge Winchester Super X4: the SX4, SX4 Waterfowl Hunter, SX4 Field and SX4 Field Compact. The composite-stocked SX4 and SX4 Waterfowl Hunter will be available in 3″ and 3½” chamberings. The suggested retail price for SX4 3″ chambering is $799.99, while the 3½” chambering has a MSRP of $939.99. The SX4 Waterfowl Hunter will retail for $939.99 in the 3″ chambering and $1,069.99 in the 3½” chambering. Meanwhile, the SX4 Field and SX4 Field Compact will come only in the 3″ chambering at a MSRP of $939.99.
See below for a rundown of features, via the official press release.
- Synthetic stock with improved ergonomics on the SX4 and Waterfowl Hunter
- Mossy Oak Shadow Grass Blades camo finish on Waterfowl Hunter
- Satin oil finish walnut stock on the Field and Field Compact
- Matte black receiver on Field and Field Compact
- Back-Bored Technology
- Invector-Plus Choke Tube System
- Hard chrome-plated chamber and bore
- Vent rib
- TRUGLO Long Bead fiber-optic front sight
- Active Valve Gas System
- Quadra-Vent Ports
- Drop-out trigger group
- Ambidextrous crossbolt safety
- Larger bolt handle and bolt release button
- Length of pull spacers included with SX4 and Waterfowl Hunter
- Inflex Technology Recoil Pad
For more information about Winchester firearms, visit http://www.winchesterguns.com