Magnum Research’s .44 Magnum/.50 AE combo caliber Desert Eagle is a fun piece of innovation.
The pistol allows for a barrel exchange — and resulting caliber switch — in just a matter of seconds.
“The Desert Eagle has fixed barrels that allows us to do this,” Magnum Research Joby Goerges said at the recent Athlon Outdoors Rendezvous in Gateway, Colo.
Watch the video above to see how the caliber switch works and how the Desert Eagle performs on the range.
For more information, please visit MagnumResearch.com.
Magnum Research Combo Caliber Desert Eagle Specifications
.50 A.E. Model
- Type: Gas-operated, rotating bolt semiautomatic
- Caliber: .50 A.E.
- Barrel Length with 6-inch Barrel: 6 inches/ 152 mm
- Overall Length with 6-inch Barrel: 10.75 inches/ 27.3 cm
- Bore Diameter: .495 inches/12.6 mm
- Height: 6.25 inches/15.9 cm
- Slide Width: 1.25 inches/32 mm
- Construction: High quality carbon steel barrel, frame and slide w/ full Weaver style accessory rail
- Finish: Black oxide
- Trigger: Single action, approx. 4 lb. pull
- Trigger Reach: 2.75 inches/70 mm
- Sight Radius: 8.5 inches/215 mm
- Sights: Combat type, fixed
- Weight (Empty Magazine): 4 pounds, 5.8 ounces
- Magazine Capacity: 7 rounds
.44 Magnum Model (Differences Only)
- Caliber: .44 Magnum
- Bore Diameter: .429 inches/10.9 mm
- Weight (Empty Magazine): 4 pounds, 6.6 ounces
- Magazine Capacity: 8 rounds
The Canik TP9SF Elite-S 9mm pistol offers custom-grade firepower on a budget.
by Will Dabbs MD / Dec 28, 2017