Ed Brown has teamed up with ZEV Technologies to launch its brand new ZEV 1911.
Chambered in 9mm with a nine-round capacity, the ZEV 1911 is an aggressively-styled gun based on ZEV’s popular Dragonfly slide design. It features a dimpled, 4.25-inch, threaded, suppressor-ready barrel which is visible through the side and top slide ports. The top of the slide, meanwhile, showcases Ed Brown’s new 7-top slide cuts and is topped with a Trijicon RMR sight and tall night sights.
The integral rail frame features “edgy” machining accents on the rail, the company claims, and the frontstrap has FX1 Snakeskin. Rounding out the features on this gun are a ZEV thread protector on the barrel; recessed slide stop with a serrated pin; and a blended one-piece magwell.
“We have been the authority on traditional 1911s for 50 years, and in the years to come, we intend to be the leader on new, cutting edge handguns as well. It has been a true pleasure to work with the ZEV crew, and we can’t wait to do it again!” said John May, Ed Brown’s sales and marketing director.
“ZEV is thrilled to be a part of this exciting project. The 1911 has a rich history that we simply could not ignore, Ed Brown Products have mastered the 1911 so it seemed to be a perfect fit and we are looking forward to more projects in the future,” added Dave Roberts, the VP of marketing and business development for ZEV Technologies.
Tipping the scales at around 40 ounces with an unloaded mag and measuring 7.75 inches in overall length and 6.5 inches in overall height, the Ed Brown ZEV 1911 is a one year limited edition model available at a MSRP of $4,995. See specs and a video below.
For more, visit edbrown.com.
Ed Brown ZEV 1911 Features
- 4.25″ Commander slide, single stack Government frame with integral light rail.
- ZEV designed slide with side and top slide ports.
- FX1 Snakeksin on frontstrap.
- Trijicon RMR with tall night sights.
- Dimpled barrel.
- Threaded, suppressor ready barrel.
- ZEV thread protector.
- Tactical profile ambi thumb safety.
- VZ Alien black G10 grips.
- Custom options included: recessed slide stop with serrated pin, blended one-piece magwell, flush barrel with recessed crown.
- One year limited edition.
Discussion about this post