Ed Brown is rolling out new handguns as part of its 50th anniversary celebration this year; the latest model to be unveiled is the Executive Commander 1911.
Part of the “Elite” pistol series, the Executive Commander is basically Ed Brown’s Executive Elite pistol in Commander length. As such, it features a 4.25-inch slide and barrel, along with a single stack Government frame. The slide includes a french border; ball endmill cuts; flattened and serrated top and serrated rear; and a plain black fixed rear and gold beat front sight. In addition, the gun’s front strap and mainspring housing boast a sleek 25lpi checkering, offering up a classy and traditional look.
Available in 9mm (stainless slide only), .38 Super (stainless slide only) and .45 ACP, the Executive Commander has a 9-round magazine capacity. It tips the scales at around 38 ounces with an unloaded magazine. It also sports an overall length of eight inches and overall height of 5.5 inches.
“The addition of the Executive Commander is just another example of listening to our customers and offering the products they want. We’ve been in the business of building the finest custom 1911 in the world, for 50 years now!” Ed Brown sales and marketing director John May said in a press release.
Fully customizable with more than 100 options and backed by a lifetime warranty, the MSRP on the Ed Brown Executive Commander is $3,395.
For more on Ed Brown, go to edbrown.com.
Ed Brown Executive Commander Features & Specs
- Available Calibers: 9mm (Stainless slide only), 38 Super (Stainless slide only), 45 ACP
- Barrel Length: 4.25″
- Weight: 38 ounces with magazine
- 4.25″ Commander model slide, single stack Government frame
- Exclusive 25 LPI checkering on forestrap and mainspring housing
- Plain black rear sight, gold bead front sight
- Custom options included: French border, ball endmill cuts, flattened and serrated top of slide, serrated rear of slide.
Pay no attention to the keyboard rangers—it's time to get serious about your everyday...
by Pat McNamara / May 1, 2018