DoubleStar recently announced the release of its newest firearm, the STAR10P .308 pistol. It features the company’s new Stronghold Pistol Grip to help control the harder-recoiling .308 cartridge.
The DoubleStar STAR10P delivers plenty of power for the desired role of self-defense. It features the same billet upper and lower as the original STAR10 rifle. Yet the STAR10P manages to deliver that same power in a manageable package. The Strongarm Pistol Brace and Stronghold Pistol Grip take the STAR10P AR pistol to the next level, according to DoubleStar.
The Stronghold Pistol Grip features G10 M-LOK panels. Additionally, the anodized aluminum frame utilizes customizable, textured Stronghold G10 M-LOK panels. The palm swell provides a secure but comfortable surface for the shooter’s hand, even when wearing gloves. The high-quality U.S.-made G10 panels round out the package with rugged style. Paired with the Stronghold G10 M-LOK panels, the grip becomes secure in all conditions, according to DoubleStar.
DoubleStar’s Stronghold G10 M-LOK panels keep weight down at just 0.5 ounces per panel with mounting hardware. They measure 3.25 inches in overall length. The company CNC machines each panel from high-quality G10 to provide a textured surface for an M-LOK handguard.
DoubleStar STAR10P Specifications
- Overall Weight: 8.15 pounds
- Caliber: .308
- Modes of Fire: Semi-automatic
- Overall Barrel Length: 12 inches
- Barrel Type: Heavy Barrel
- Twist Rate: 1:10
- Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
- Barrel Features: Free Floating
- Sight/Gas Block: Low Profile Gas Block
- Muzzle Device: RASP Flash Hider
- Handguard: Cloak MLOK Handguard 11 inches
- Upper Receiver Type: Flattop
- Upper Receiver Coating: Anodized to MIL-SPEC
- Receiver (Upper) Features: Brass Deflector, Dust Cover
- Lower Receiver Materials: Billet Aircraft 7075 T6 Aluminum
- Lower Receiver Coating: Anodized to MIL-SPEC
- Receiver (Lower) Features: Integrated Trigger Guard, Enhanced Magwell
- Charging Handle: Strike Industries
- Fire Control Group: CMC 3.5-pound Flat Trigger Group
- Overall Magazine Capacity: 20-round
- Buttstock: Strongarm Pistol Brace
- Pistol Grip: Stronghold Pistol Grip with G10 Panels
- Other Features: Enhanced Extraction System
- Action: Direct Gas Impingement
- MSRP: $2,299.99
For more information about DoubleStar, visit star15.com.
With models ranging from appendix carry to all-Kydex, outside-the-waistband design, the new Comp-Tac holsters have...
by Personal Defense World / Jul 18, 2019