Springfield Armory is closing 2019 with a serious bang. Just a few weeks removed from the Springfield Hellcat release, the manufacturer just announced its newest offering: The SAINT Pistol in 5.56mm. As the name indicates, the new SAINT follows the line’s successful Victor and Edge pistols.
Springfield SAINT Pistol Details
With an MSRP of just $849, the SAINT Pistol delivers quality and performance, but at an even more affordable introductory price point. The pistol features upgrades throughout, ensuring it delivers exceptional value, according to Springfield Armory. In other words, the SAINT Pistol becomes an immediate consideration for home protection and personal defense.
The pistol features a balanced 9.6-inch chrome moly vanadium barrel that maximizes performance while still offering compact dimensions. The adjustable premium Trinity Force Breach Brace provides enhanced stability. Additionally, it also meets ATF requirements for pistol classification.
The pistol also boasts hard-use durability and rock-solid reliability, according to Springfield Armory. The barrel is fully Melonite coated, which aids in durability and corrosion resistance. Meanwhile, the forged 7075 T6 upper and lower receiver ensure never-fail strength for the lifetime of the gun. Additionally, the M16 bolt carrier group, machined from Carpenter 158 steel, is shot peened and magnetic particle inspected for long-term durability.
The upper receiver feature an optics-ready, flat-top design. Also, the pistol comes with a pinned Picatinny rail-topped steel gas block, which enables shooters to utilize their choice of iron sights. Meanwhile, Springfield Armory’s Accu-Tite tension system ensures a tight lock-up between the receivers.
An exclusive BCMGunfighter PMCR two-piece handguard comes with M-LOK-compatible attachment points. After that, aluminum heat shields and a built-in handstop increase comfort and safety. Lastly is the BCMGunfighter Mod. 3 pistol grip, which aids in control. As we said, the features are pretty stacked here. For more information, visit springfieldarmory.com.
Springfield SAINT Pistol Specs
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 Rem.)
- Magazines: 1 30-Round Magpul PMag Gen M3
- Barrel: 9.6-inch CMV, Melonite Treatment, 1:8 Twist
- Muzzle Device: A2 Flash Hider
- Trigger: Enhanced Nickel Boron Coated Single Side GI
- Upper Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardocat Anodized, Forward Assist, M4 Feed Ramps
- Lower Receiver: Forged 7075 T6 Aluminum, Type III Hardocat Anodized, with Accu-Tite Tension System
- Handguard: M-LOK BCM Gunfighter, Forward Handstop
- Gas System: Carbine-Length DI
- Brace: Trinity Force Breach Brace 1.0 Std. Pistol
- Overall Length: 25.75-28.25 inches
- Overall Weight: 5 pounds, 8 ounces
- MSRP: $849