Wilson Combat recently announced the release of its newest pistol, the EDC X9S. The sub-compact, double-column 9mm features a gripless, lightweight aluminum frame for true deep concealment.
Wilson Combat EDC X9S Details
The X9S builds upon the already successful X9 line of pistols. The new X9S comes in smaller than most comparably sized single-stack handguns. But it delivers a 10-round, double-stack 9mm magazine based on the company’s X9 magazine, jointly developed with Mec-Gar.
The new EDC X9S frame is machined from T6-70875 aluminum. The size and shape proves ideal for concealed carry use for shooters of most hand sizes. At 25.5 ounces unloaded, the X9S carries light. However, it still maintains enough frame mass that recoil during rapid fire is greatly enhanced over other designs, according to Wilson Combat. The X9S provides the ability to field strip without tools, completely disassembling using only a punch.
The slim and flat EDC X9S solid frame includes the Wilson Combat X-Tac tread pattern. It improves control with a non-abrasive, comfortable grip in all shooting conditions. An all-new, lower profile “concealment” rear battlesight, thumb safety, magazine release and slide controls give the X9S a lower profile. A medium-length trigger comes standard. But three trigger pad lengths are available on custom order. The X9S comes with or without an accessory rail and fits most leather holsters designed for 3.25-3.5-inch 1911s (non-rail)
Reliable EDC Choice
The EDC X9S sub-compact slide assembly retains Wilson’s “Enhanced Reliability System” (ERS) for 9mm 1911s. The ERS remains reliable in all conditions, tailored for the varying power levels of 9mm ammunition. Other features include a tri-top slide profile and single-lug, tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel. Reliability enhancing reduced frame rails and a rugged, user-serviceable external extractor highlight the package.
Wilson designed the X9S as the best option for concealed carry. It ships with one 10-round magazine and one 15-round extended mag. And for those interested, as of April 2020, Wilson announced its complete P320 in the form of the WCP320. For more information, visit wilsoncombat.com.
Wilson Combat EDC X9S Specs
- Caliber: 9mm
- Overall Magazine Capacity: 10/15 rounds
- Barrel Length: 3.25 inches
- Overall Length: 6.75 inches
- Sight Radius: 5 inches
- Height: 4.5 inches
- Width: 1.25 inches
- Overall Weight Empty: 25.2 ounces
- Overall Weight Loaded: 29.7 ounces
- Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yds
- MSRP: $2,695
Wilson Combat EDC X9S Features
- High-Capacity Sub-Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Backstrap Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof Hammer
- Concealment Bullet Proof Thumb Safety
- 3 ½ – 4 ½-pound Crisp Trigger Pull with Lightweight Medium Length Pad
- Concealment Bullet Proof Magazine Release
- Concealment Bullet Proof Slide Stop
- 3.25” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Unique X-TAC Rear Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Concealment Battlesight with Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4-40 Hex Head Cap Screw
- 3.25” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- Carry Cuts
- Armor-Tuff Finish
- Sights – Green Fiber Optic, Red Fiber Optic, Tritium, Gold Bead
- Frame Type (Standard – Lightrail)
- Trigger Length – Short, Medium, Long (HO-X9TR-L for Long Pad – HO-X9TR-M for Medium Pad – HO-X9TR-S for Short Pad)
With a host of upgrades and high-end components, the optics-ready Walther Q4 Steel Frame...
by Personal Defense World / Jan 23, 2020