Speer recently announced the release of its newest home defense ammunition, Gold Dot Personal Protection. The new load utilizes the same performance of the renowned handgun line in a self-defense rifle round.
Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection
The new Speer Gold Dot Personal Protection performs in the FBI protocol testing through barrels less than 16 inches. The bullets loaded int he new Gold Dot Rifle ammunition utilize Speer’s Uni-Cor method. The jacket bonds to the core one atom at a time, according to Speer. It virtually eliminates core-jacket separation and creates an accurate, tough, consistent projectile through all common barriers.
The new defensive rifle round comes in both 55-grain and 75-grain .223 Remington. It features nickel-plated brass and reliable, sensitive primers, according to Speer.
Features & Benefits
- New self-defense rifle loads optimized for peak FBI protocol performance though barrels shorter than 16 inches
- 75-grain 223 Rem. recommended for 1-in-9-inch barrel twist or faster
- 55-grain 223 Rem. option offers reduced penetration for less risk to bystanders
- Consistent penetration and expansion through common barriers
- Extremely uniform jacket maximizes accuracy
- Gold Dot technology virtually eliminates core-jacket separation
- Nickel-plated brass
- Reliable, sensitive primers
Speer ammunition can be found at dealers nationwide or purchased online direct from Speer. For more information on all products from Speer or to shop online, visit speer-ammo.com
In an unprecedented move, Governor Kevin Stitt has signed into law Senate Bill 1081,...
by Mark Chesnut / May 20, 2020