Known primarily for its extensive line of shotguns, Escort just made a surprising announcement regarding its first rimfire rifle. Dubbed simply the 22LR, Escort enters the rimfire market with an affordable bolt-action .22.
Escort 22LR Bolt-Action Rifle
The 22LR features a hard chrome-plated steel alloy receiver and barrel. The finish resists rust and corrosion, while the smooth chrome plated bolt moves freely. Escort describes the safety mechanism as easy to operate.
The rifle includes a five-round and 10-round magazine to suit a variety of shooting needs. The magazine bodies utilize a lightweight, durable polymer. It includes a stainless steel follower that proves easy to load, according to Escort. A threaded barrel, fitted with a protective cap, accepts a variety of muzzle accessories. Meanwhile, mounted studs accept a wide array of slings.
The 22LR comes in two stock variants. The Turkish walnut stock offers fish-scale textured grip areas and a recessed magazine well. It also feature Hatsan’s DuoTex buttpad for consistent, easy shouldering, according to Escort. The synthetic stock feature texturing of the grip areas, along with a Picatinny accessory rail under the forearm. The buttstock also includes a storage slot for a spare five- or 10-round magazine.
Escort 22LR Features
- .22 LR bolt action rimfire rifle
- Oxidation proof hard chrome receiver
- Precision rifled hard chrome-plated steel barrel
- ½-inch threaded muzzle with fitted protective cap
- Includes a 5-round and a 10-round detachable magazine
- Manual safety with cocked bolt indicator
- Ambidextrous grip
- Soft rubber buttpad
- Dovetail grooves on receiver for 11mm scope mounts
- Mounted sling studs
- 1:16-inch twist .22 LR barrel
- 24.8-inch barrel
- 43.1-inch overall length
- 6.1 pounds
- MSRP: $249.99 – 22LR SYN / $299.99 – 22LR Walnut
For more information, visit escortshotgunsusa.com.
No matter the weather, there's a wide array of concealed carry clothing in today's...
by Donald J. Mihalek / Aug 5, 2020