Carry optics continues to gain popularity among shooters. More and more pistols now come optics-ready, whether for duty, carry or sport. Now Aimpoint releases an optic designed to meet those ever-changing needs. The Aimpoint Acro P-2 red dot features an impressive array of features, along with and incredible 50,000 hours of runtime.
Aimpont Acro P-2 Red Dots
The Acro P-2 features an improved LED emitter, coupled with a higher capacity CR2032 battery. The resulting 50,000 hours of run time should deliver tremendous confidence, no matter the mission. Aimpoint designed this red dot specifically to hold up the the forces generated when mounted to a semi-auto pistol slide. It withstands shock, vibration, temperatures and material stresses, tested by firing more than 20,000 rounds of .40 S&W, according to Aimpoint.
The LED emitter delivers a 3.5 MOA dot for fast acquisition. Protective clear glass front and rear guard the advanced reflective lens system. The digital intensity adjustment keypad gets improvement as well. It provides a more distinct, tactile feel over previous versions. The controls reside next to the battery compartment.
Built for pistols, the Acro P-2 works on carbines, shotguns or rifles. It can also serve as a backup sight to magnified scopes and/or thermal imagers. The sight mounts via a wide range of optics-ready handgun adapter plates. It comes night vision capable, while the dot intensity turns up all the way for bright sunlight.
The red dot comes parallax-free, making it extremely versatile under duress. The system promotes shooting with both eyes open, proving up to the challenge, from duty and defense to sport. The Acro P-2 retails for $599. For even more info, please visit aimpoint.us.
Aimpoint Acro P-2 Specs
- 3.5 MOA red dot for precision and fast target acquisition
- Battery life: 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery on setting 6
- Battery type: CR2032 battery (battery included)
- Variety of mounting options sold separately
- Optimized for pistol and applications which require a low-profile red dot system
- Fully enclosed housing protects all electronic components of the sight from all elements
- Sealed optical channel protects the optic from rain, mud, sand, or snow
- 7075-T6 High-strength Aluminum Hard-anodized
- 10 brightness settings: 4 night vision compatible settings and 6 daylight settings
- 1X (non-magnifying) operationally parallax free optic
- Submersible to 115 feet (35 meters)
- Temperature span -49°F to +160°F
- Weight 2.1 oz / 60 g (sight only)
- Size 1.9” x 1.3” x 1.2” (L x W x H)
Known for his anti-gun stances, Miami Police Chief Art Acevedo presides over a department...
by Larry Keane / May 24, 2021