Hard use tools for hard use individuals. That is the hallmark of SIG Sauer. The company’s firearms are built to withstand the harshest environments and keep firing. Why should its optics be any different? For this reason, SIG Sauer Electro-Optics announces its mission-ready ROMEO2 mil-spec reflex red dot sight.
The SIG Sauer Electro-Optics ROMEO2
Housed in 7075-aluminum the ROMEO2 mil-spec reflex sight comes with two steel shrouds for three different optic configurations. The options include fully enclosed and sealed. In addition, the ROMEO2 will fit any SIG pistol slide with the PRO slide cut. Likewise, it can fit many other slides cut to accept the DeltaPoint Pro red dot sight.
A molded glass aspheric lens with a high-performance coating provides superior light transmittance and zero distortion. Similarly, the selectable circle dot reticle is available in 3 MOA, 6 MOA, or 10 MOA, with 1.0 MOA adjustment increments.
Offering 12 daylight brightness settings and 3 night vision settings, the ROMEO2 utilizes D.A.R.C. (Dark Adaptive Reticles and Coatings) technology for ideal reticle brightness and target clarity while using a Gen3+ night vision device.
To prevent unintentional battery drain, the ROMEO2 uses MOTAC (motion-activated illumination system) and MAGNETAC (magnetic activation) which turns the optic off when holstered and back on when drawn. However, in the event of a loss of battery life, it includes a spring-loaded side battery tray. As a result, you can change the battery without removing the sight. But with 25,000-hour battery life, that won’t be very often.
Finally, the 7075-aluminum housing and ruggedized steel shrouds, coupled with an IPX7 waterproof rating mean the ROMEO2 will withstand the harshest environments.
The SIG Sauer Electro-Optics ROMEO2 is available now with an MSRP of $779.99. For more info, please visit SIGSauer.com.
SIG Sauer Electro-Optics ROMEO2 Specs
Reticle: Circle Dot / 3 MOA / 6 MOA / 10 MOA Red Dot
Adjustment: 1 MOA (per click)
Clear Aperture: 30mm
Illumination Settings: 12 Daylight, 3 NV
Length: 1.84 inches
Overall Width: 1.32 inches
Overall Height w/o shrouds: 1.12 inch
SIG Sauer Electro-Optics ROMEO2 Features
- Molded glass aspheric lens with high performance coatings for superior light transmittance and zero distortion
- 2 steel shrouds included for 3 different optic configurations, including fully enclosed and sealed with a polycarbonate rear window
- Shares the romeo1pro footprint, and can be direct mounted to any sig pistol with the pro slide cut
- Spring-loaded side battery tray, released by a push button that can be activated without tools
- Motac (motion activated illumination system) that powers up when it senses motion and powers down when it does not
- Magnetac (magnetic activation) that automatically turns the optic off when holstered in a compatible holster, and instantly turns the optic on when drawn from the holster
- D.A.R.C. (dark adaptive reticles & coatings) technology provides ideal reticle brightness and target clarity while using gen3+ night vision device
- Designed, developed, tested and assembled in the U.S.A.
Discussion about this post