The fine folks at Wilson Combat have done it again and beautifully blended shooting capability with comfortable carry. Featuring the feel and traditional controls of a 1911, the Wilson Combat EDC X9 3.25” takes the popular EDC X9 and puts it into a subcompact package.
The Wilson Combat EDC X9
Constructed of machined T6-7075 aluminum, the frame of the 3.25” is similar in size to a traditional compact single stack 1911. Featuring Wilson Combat’s starburst pattern, the grip is smaller in circumference than a standard 1911 but retains traditional 1911 controls. Although the thumb safety is right hand only, an ambidextrous safety is available for an additional fee.
In addition, the X-frame design uses hammer spring tension to keep the grips securely in place. Likewise, disassembly is completed using only a single punch, without screws or frame bushings.
The ergonomic oval shape of the grip, coupled with an enlarged trigger guard window and your choice of radiused trigger pad length, fits all hand sizes comfortably. It additionally improves recoil control. Likewise, the front and back strap of the EDC X9 feature the Wilson Combat X-Trac tread pattern for increased retention.
Riding atop the frame is the subcompact slide assembly which is tailored to the varying power level of 9mm ammunition. Correspondingly, housed within the slide is the single lug tapered cone match-grade 1911 barrel. Additionally, the X-TAC rear cocking serrations aid in slide manipulation, even under duress.
The stainless-steel slide wears the most advanced black DLC physical vapor deposition finish available, with chromium and tungsten underlayers. As a result, the 3.25” enjoys long-lasting corrosion and abrasion resistance. According to the company, the tri-top slide maintains impressive reliability in all conditions, even when heavily fouled and low on lubrication.
A user-replaceable fiberoptic front sight couples with the rear Tactical Concealment Battlesight. Likewise, a user-replaceable extractor allows you to dial in the performance.
The EDC X9 comes with a 15-round magazine but also accepts the available 18-round magazine. In addition, it fits a majority of holsters on the market that are designed for subcompact 1911 pistols.
The Wilson Combat EDC X9 is available now with an MSRP of $3,145.00 or $1,395.00 with ambidextrous thumb safety. For more info, please visit WilsonCombat.com.
Wilson Combat EDC X9 Specifications
Available Calibers: 9mm
Magazine Capacity: 15 rounds
Barrel Length: 3.25”
Overall Length: 6.75”
Sight Radius: 5”
Weight Empty: 27.6 oz
Weight Loaded: 34.3 oz
Accuracy Guarantee: 1.5” at 25 yds
MSRP: $3,145.00 ($3,195.00 with ambidextrous thumb safety)
Wilson Combat EDC X9 Features
- High-Capacity Compact Size Aluminum X-Frame with Reliability Enhanced Frame Rails
- Unique X-TAC Frontstrap/Mainspring Housing Treatment
- Concealment Bullet Proof® Hammer
- Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety
- 3.5# – 4.5# Crisp Trigger Pull with Medium Length Lightweight Pad
- Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
- Black G10 Aggressive Starburst Grips with Pewter Medallions
- 3.25” Stainless Steel Tri-Top Slide with External Extractor
- Black DLC Finish on Slide
- Unique X-TAC Rear Cocking Serration Treatment on Slide
- Heavy Machine Chamfer on Bottom of Slide
- Concealment Battlesight with Red Fiber Optic Front Sight with 4.40 Hex Head Cap Screw
- 3.25” Stainless Cone Barrel with Reliability Enhancing Lock-up, Flush Cut Reverse Crown
- Fluted Chamber
- Fluted Barrel
- 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
- Carry Cuts
- 2 15-Round Capacity Magazines
- Armor-Tuff® Finish
- Grips – Black, Gray/Black, Dirty Olive, Black Cherry
- Backstrap – Small or Large
- Ambidextrous Thumb Safety
- Sights – Green Fiber Optic, Red Fiber Optic, Tritium, Gold Bead
- Frame Type (Standard – Lightrail)
- Trigger Length – Short, Medium, Long
- Magwell/Grip Extension