Irritants like pepper spray can be a great equalizer when it comes to non-lethal self-defense. However, for the most part, they don’t have a particularly long range. So, they are only effective at close distances. However, companies like Guard Dog Security make it possible to reach out further with products like the FireBall Pepper Launcher.
The Guard Dog Security FireBall Pepper Launcher
Utilizing a mostly all-aluminum design, the lightweight FireBall is easy for anyone to carry and shoot. Powered by a CO2 cartridge, the non-lethal balls travel nearly 500 feet per second. It’s not enough to disable your attacker, but it will leave a mark that won’t come off in the shower. Likewise, the pepper balls travel a distance of 60 feet. So you don’t have to wait for your attacker to reach you before launching your defense.
Upon impact, the pepper balls explode, creating an irritating 6-foot cloud of red pepper. As a result, you don’t have to be as precise with your aim as a regular firearm. So, as long as you hit within the approximate radius of your target, the pepper cloud will be effective. But don’t worry, a trigger safety helps prevent accidental discharge.
However, an integrated Picatinny rail allows for the attachment of a light or laser to aid in target acquisition. Correspondingly, the FireBall Kit 3 includes a laser with the package. But the FireBall does include traditional-style iron sights, so a laser is not necessary for those experienced with firearms.
The pepper balls are propelled via a CO2 cartridge which is installed in the same position as a magwell. In addition, the FireBall can fire pepper balls, chalk balls, rubber/kinetic balls, POM balls, or piercing aluminum .50 caliber balls. The balls are loaded just under the barrel into a six-round capacity magazine.
Since the FireBall is a non-lethal device, no permits, background checks, or licenses are required to carry it.
I spoke with Guard Dog Security about loading the ammo, and they said you can mix and match it. So, this opens up a whole new potential defensive plan with the pistol. I would load one pepper ball and the rest with either POM or aluminum balls. Most likely aluminum.
Let’s face it, if an attacker wants to harm my family or me, they deserve the full brunt. The first shot is the pepper to disorient, and the following shots are POM or aluminum to further confound and discourage him. Then, bugger out of there.
It’s important to note that when loading a mix of ammo, the first ball in is the last ball out, according to the company. So, make sure to plan accordingly for the order of fire.
The Guard Dog Security FireBall Pepper Launcher is available for pre-order now, with an MSRP of $99.99 (gun only), $149.99 (kit with target, ammo, and CO2 cartridges), and $199.99 (kit with target, ammo, CO2 cartridges, and laser sight). For more info, please visit GuardDog-Security.com.
Guard Dog Security FireBall Pepper Launcher Features
- Pushing the boundaries of non-lethal: The FireBall shoots concentrated pepper balls at nearly 500 feet per second to provide the ultimate level of protection and security.
- Maximum effective range: With an effective distance of up to 60 feet you can rest assured your target is at arm’s length (30 arms to be exact).
- Up to 5 ammo types: Choose from either red hot pepper, rubber/kinetic, practice chalk, painful POM or piercing aluminum .50 caliber balls.
- Engineered to last, built to protect: The semi-automatic gun is powered by a 12-gram CO2 cartridge in an easy-to-load 6-round magazine for rapid fire and instant reaction time.
- Instantly add more accessories: The integrated picatanny rail system allows you to seamlessly add laser sights, flashlights, scopes, and more with ease.
- No permits required: No permits, background check, or licenses are required, the FireBall is the most accessible and most effective non-lethal device available.
- MSRP: $99.99 (base gun), $149.99 (Kit 2), $199.99 (Kit 3)
Discussion about this post